Sales Engineer (SE)
Sales Engineer (SE).
This role requires deep technical knowledge, but also strong interpersonal and relationship development skills, customer-facing experience, business acumen, and personal drive.
The engineer in this role will work directly with our customer and partner teams to develop and validate solutions, which will be optimized for the x86 platform across a variety of server and storage deployments. This will include Lenovo and white box Server \ Storage Solutions i.e. Hyper Converged Infrastructure, Virtualization (Desktop and Server) High Performance Computing \ Deep Learning and Cloud. This engineer will also work with our partners on targeted OEM opportunities for RFP responses, system evaluation, POCs and deployments as needed. The successful candidate for this role should have a strong understanding of server platform architecture, storage, networking, and GPU technology.
- Building key technical relationships at top accounts demonstrating great technical credibility increasing customer technical confidence in M&A.
- Understanding and assist in identifying customer technical requirements.
- Provide recommendations on software architectures and hardware while helping understand the next steps to ensure deployment success.
- Collaborating with account teams to lead the development and execution of the account technical strategy providing insight into the overall account strategy and pipeline.
- Coordinating with and informing internal technical stakeholders to execute on account initiatives and provide feedback to increase account success.
- Leveraging industry, application area, and account knowledge to uncover and influence customer future technical needs and challenges generating further technical demand for M&A products, services, and support.
This position requires the Engineer to have a broad technical understanding of server CPUs, GPUs, platform architecture, and the software ecosystem required to evaluate and optimize applications that run at the node, rack and datacenter scale. The position requires specialized knowledge of server software environments including Operating systems (Windows, Linux), Hypervisors, benchmarks, and targeted applications that may be used in HPC, Cloud, and Enterprise markets.
- Provide technical assistance with Enterprise, SLED and OEM customers in the evaluation, design, and development of x86 based servers, storage, and data center solutions.
- Partner with sales in determining the possible application of building block solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Perform technical presentations updates for customers, partners, and prospects.
- Assist with the solution development/architectural design to meet specific customer needs.
- Analyze customer product solutions and evaluate product performance based on market requirements.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions and work with internal teams to provide competitive responses where needed.
- Install and test solutions in-house, as required, to ensure successful deployments, evaluations, and customer responses.
- Other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org